Monday, June 1, 2009

Texas...what a rush!!

My grandparents brought me to Texas, dropped me off in Canyon Lake, where my mother worked. Not long after I moved here my mother gave me a job, prep cook. I learned alot, you know how to keep a job.

Then summer was over and I had to start a new school. I was terrified!! Let me break it down...graduating class size in Tonkawa: 50-60...Smithson Valley: 300-400. What a reality check!! And so I started my 10th grade year. The majority of my "friends" were the new kids. I started to make "friends" with the others over time.

Summertime came and I was 16, time to get another job. Schlitterbahn!!! This job opened up a whole new world to me. You see, I was a VERY SHY girl, and when I say VERY SHY I mean VERY!! But I wanted to change, and change is what I did. This job was one I the best things that could happen to me. I also met my best friend, Kimberly there. (She will be a whole new section also) Met the boy I would have my first kiss with, was I nervous or what?

Summer was over, and so I was back to school. I was in the 11th grade...but not for long. It wasn't long into my year of school and my mother and stepfather, at the time, had to go to California to take care of his dying uncle. My mother left me in the care of a horrible person, who, of course, I cannot remember his name for the life of me. The most I remember of him (good), was that he liked to draw surf boards. I think he believed he was a surfer before he moved to Texas. I don't know. Well anyways, I then went on to get my GED. Mistake and no mistake. I don't regret what or why I got my GED, but it still would have been nice to have a diploma. I was 17, when high school was over for me. I haven't looked back since.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lizz!! So glad to see you in the blogosphere! I have found it to be very rewarding and healing for me. Sure do miss you and the rest of the family! Check out my blog when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be careful what you put in that all new post about me! :)

    ReplyDelete